- Bhattacharyya OK, Rasooly IR, Naqshbandi M, Estey EA, Esler J, Toth E, Macaulay AC, Harris SB. Challenges to the provision of diabetes care in First Nations communities: results from a national survey of healthcare providers in Canada. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11:283. doi:10.1186/1472-6963-11-283.
- Pottie K, Greenaway C, Feightner J, and coauthors of the Canadian Collaboration for Immigrant and Refugee Health. Evidence-based clinical guidelines for immigrants and refugees. Can Med Assoc J. 2011;183(12):E824-E925.
- Kayaniyil S, Retnakaran R, Harris SB, Vieth R, Knight JA, Gerstein HC, et al. Prospective associations of vitamin D with beta-cell function and glycemia: the PROMISE (PROspective Metabolism and ISlet cell Evaluation) cohort study. Diabetes. 2011;60:2947-2953.
- He M, Harvey E, Harris SB, et al. Case Study 5: Addressing childhood obesity through a community-based strategy to screen and engage high-risk migrant families – families in action: a global village pediatric diabetes prevention resource. Public Health Agency of Canada. Available at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cd-mc/diabetes-diabete/rhd-rds-2011/case5-cas5-eng.php
- Campbell NRC, Gilbert RE, Leiter LA, Larochelle P, Tobe S, Chockalingam A, Ward R, Morris D, Tsuyuki RT, Harris SB. Hypertension in people with type 2 diabetes. Update on pharmacologic management. Can Fam Phys. 2011;57(9):997-1002.
- Glazier R, Harris SB, Tompkins J, et al. Number of HbA1c tests unrelated to quality of diabetes control: an electronic medical record data linkage study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;93(1):e37-e40.
- Retnakaran R, Qi Y, Harris SB, Hanley AJ, Zinman B. Changes over time in glycemic control, insulin sensitivity and beta-cell function in response to low-dose metformin and thiazolidinedione combination therapy in patients with impaired glucose tolerance. Diabetes Care. 2011;34(7) :1601-1604.
- Leiter LA, Fitchett DH, Gilbert RE, Gupta M, Mancini GBJ, McFarlane PA, Ross R, Teoh H, Verma S, and Working Group. Cardiometabolic risk in Canada: A detailed analysis and position paper by the Cardiometabolic Risk Working Group. Can J Cardiol. 2011;27(2):e1-e33.
- Leiter LA, Fitchett DH, Gilbert RE, Gupta M, Mancini GBJ, McFarlane PA, Ross R, Teoh H, Verma S, and Working Group. Identification and management of Cardiometabolic Risk in Canada: A position paper by the Cardiometabolic Risk Working Group (executive summary). Can J Cardiol. 2011;27(2):124-131.
- He M, Piché L, Kurtz J, Beynon C, Harris SB. Screen-related sedentary behaviours of school-aged children: principals’ and teachers’ perspectives. Health Educ J.2011;70(1):32-38.
- Naqshbandi M, Harris SB, Macaulay A, Comeau J. Lessons learned in using community-based participatory research to build a national diabetes collaborative in Canada. Progress in community health partnerships: research, education, and action.Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action. 2011; Winter 5(4):405-415.
- Harris SB, Naqshbandi M, Bhattacharyya O, Hanley AJG, Elser J, Zinman B; CIRCLE Network Investigators. Major gaps in diabetes clinical care among Canada’s First Nations: Results of the CIRCLE study. Diab Res Clin Pract. 2011;92:272-279.
- Ley S, Hegele RA, Harris SB, Mamakeesick M, Cao H, Connelly PW, et al. HNF1A G319S variant, active cigarette smoking and incident type 2 diabetes in Aboriginal Canadians: A population-based epidemiological study. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12(1). doi:10.1186/1471-2350-12-1.
- Kayaniyil S, Vieth R, Harris SB, Retnakaran R, Knight JA. Gerstein HC, et al. Association of 25(OH)D and PTH with metabolic syndrome and its traditional and non-traditional components. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96(1):168-175.
- Mottola MF, Sopper MM, Doxtator L, Big-Canoe K, Prapavessis H, Harris SB, Hanley A. Capacity-building and participatory research development of a community-based nutrition and exercise lifestyle intervention program (NELIP) for pregnant and post-partum Aboriginal women: information gathered from talking circles. Int Indigenous Policy J. 2011;2(1):Article 8. Available at: http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/iipj/vol2/iss1/8